Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c( used to call Grid control ) has three components.
- OMS: Middleware web server. It is base on Web logical sine 11g.
- Management Agent: Needs to be installed on the monitor target.
- Repository database
This post will work you through the installation processes that includes:
- Install Oracle Linux on Virtual Box
- Install the Oracle – Software Only
- Create Listener: listener_oradb0
- Creating a Database Instance with Preconfigured Repository Using Database Templates
- Install glibc-devel library
- Setting up the environment& directory
- Install Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
- Oracle Linux 6.3
- Virtual Box4.2.6
- Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2 (184.108.40.206): document can be found here.
- Database Template
- Oracle 11gR2( 220.127.116.11)
Install Oracle Linux on Virtual Box
Please refer here for detail.
We need to allocate at least 3GB memory for the OS. It is part of EM installation pre check.However, if you have oracle database on the same host, the performance is not going to be great. I end up with allocate 6GB to my VM.
Install the Oracle – Software Only
Please refer here for detail. Basically, we need to complete below steps
- Install Oracle preinstall package
- Create Software installation folders
- Configure User environment
- Creating the oraInst.loc File
- Prepare the responds file: Oracle Software Only
Create LISTener: listener_oradb0
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = panda.localdomain)(PORT = 7001))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC7001))
ADR_BASE_LISTENER_oradb0 = /u01/app/oracle
Creating a Database Instance with Preconfigured Repository Using Database Templates
- Copy the DB18.104.22.168_EM_seed_database* and to $ORACLE_HOME/assistants/dbca/templates
- Create the dbca.rsp
RESPONSEFILE_VERSION = "11.2.0"
OPERATION_TYPE = "createDatabase"
GDBNAME = "oradb0.panda.localdomain"
SID = "oradb0"
TEMPLATENAME = "DB22.214.171.124_EM_seed_database.dbc"
SYSPASSWORD = "XXXX"
SYSTEMPASSWORD = "XXXX"
EMCONFIGURATION = "NONE"
SYSMANPASSWORD = "XXXX"
DBSNMPPASSWORD = "XXXX"
LISTENERS = "LISTENER_oradb0"
INITPARAMS = "LOCAL_LISTENER=LISTENER_oradb0"
- Execute dbca command to create the database
dbca -silent -responseFile dbca.rsp
Install glibc-devel library
yum install glibc-devel.i686
The glibc-devel package is required otherwise we would receive the pre check error during the installation.
Setting up the environment& directory
mkdir -p /u01/app/oracle/oms12cr2
mkdir -p /u01/app/oracle/agent12cr2
/u01/app/oracle/oms12cr2 is middleware home location and /u01/app/oracle/agent12cr2 is the agent home directory
unlimit –n must be greater than 4096. Refer here for how to update.
Install Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
The oracle install document says:
You must not set the
ORACLE_SID environment variables. You must ensure that the Oracle directories do NOT appear in the PATH.
However, It does works fine even I have those setting .
Execute .runInstaller from the software directory.
I select the “IBM DB2 Database” plugin. It would be interesting to see how EM works with DB2 later.
Because my Database is created from template hence the parameter does not meet the Advance installation requirement. For now, I just click OK to continue.
Login to the Enterprise Manager with Username: SYSMAN
Weblogic Administrator console::
Login: weblogic or nodemanager
- Oracle document can be found here.