Oracle Fault Diagnosability Infrastructure consolidate all the error log and store the files in the ADR ( automatic diagnostic repository ) outside of Oracle database. Here are the error log tyeps
- Alert: XML base alert log.
- Cdump: Core dumps for the database.
- Trace: Trace files, including the text format of alert logs
- Incident: one for each incident.
- Health Monitor log
Health monitor check can be manually invoke by DBMS_HM package. Here are the Health Monitor check related tables:
- V$HM_RUN : List all the Health Check has been executed
- V$HM_FINDING : List the finding
- V$HM_RECOMMENDATION : List the recommendation.
- V$HM_CHEK: List all the check can be run by DBMS_HM
List all the diagnostic log file location
show parameter diagnostic_dest
col Name format A22
col value format A50
select Name,Value from v$diag_info;
List the check can be perform by DBMS_HM
SELECT name FROM V$HM_CHECK WHERE INTERNAL_CHECK = 'N'
Invoke DBMS_HM check
exec dbms_hm.run_check('Dictionary Integrity Check', 'MY_HM1');
List the check has been run
select run_id, name from v$hm_run;
Retrieve the report
SET LONG 100000
SET LONGCHUNKSIZE 1000
SET PAGESIZE 1000
SET LINESIZE 512
SELECT DBMS_HM.GET_RUN_REPORT('MY_HM1') FROM DUAL;
adrci – Automatic diagnostic repository command line interface is the command line which we can use to retrieve the alert log , HM report. $ORACLE_HOME/bin/adrci
Use adrci to retrieve the alert log
show alert -tail
set homepath diag/rdbms/oradb0/oradb0
show alert -tail
The tail is the same result if we use linux tail command to tail the alert log
Use adrci to retrieve the health monitor report
show report hm_run HM_RUN_1
The output is going to be the same if we view the file under HM directory .