Today, I took the long over due exam 000-730 for DB2 9 Fundamentals. I was planning to take exam 2 years ago but just like every other thing, one thing after another ,I finally took it today. I pass the exam with 92% pass grade.
- Lab environment: DB2 9.7 VM
- Website: IBM Information center
- Book: DB2 9 Fundamentals: Certification Study Guide and other books I got from company training class.
- DB2 security 101
- DB2 management 101
- DB2 SQL constraint 101
- DB2 identify 101
- DB2 SQL database object 101
- DB2 isolation level 101
I pay $200 for the exam. It is quite expensive, especially considering it is the entry level exam. I just found out the way for saving the exam from this . By paying and passing the assessment, we can get 50% off the exam fee. The assessment itself cost $30 so essentially, we can save $70 . Not bad for the discount.
The exam itself is not complicate. This is entry level exam. Here are some topics I think it is worth to mention.
- Difference of each isolation level
- SQL set operator: UNION, UNION ALL …etc
- Unique constraint and Unique index
The exam can count toward to DB2 9.7 certification path or DB2 10.1 path. At this point, I haven’t decide which path I am going to do. I have not much experience with DB2 10 so maybe 9.7 is more reasonable choice. Interestingly, IBM does not offer the upgrade from 9.7 to 10.1 . Not sure the reasoning behind that.
- DB2 10.1 Certification roadmap: http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/data/sw-library/education/cert-roadmaps/DB2_LUW_10.1.pdf
- DB2 9.7 certification roadmap: http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/data/sw-library/education/cert-roadmaps/DB2_LUW_V9.7.pdf