- Install Centos 6.4
- Download DB2 10.5
- Add the Host Name resolution: /etc/hosts –> This is required because I don’t have DNS setup for my VM.
- libstdc++so.6: I use yum whatprovides libstdc++so.6 and install the missing package –> libstdc++4.4.7-3-el6.i686
- /lib/libpam.so*: This is 32-bit PAM modules. I use yum whatprovides /lib/libpam.so* to search and install the missing package –> pam-1.1.1-l3.el6.i686
- openibd : This is packaged is needed for purescale. The package has been rename to RDMA ( Remote Direct Memory Access) in Centos 6. Since I am not testing purescale, I am going to ignore.
- Disable SELinux : Edit /etc/selinux/config and reboot.
The default log location for the installation is at /tmp/db2setup.log
If you choice to install base on the responds file, here is the output
Create sample database