- Setup the Azure Storage
- Setup the Certificate and credential
Auto management Backup on Database
- Available in SQL 2014
- FULL and T-Log backup supported
- Full or Bulk Logged mode supported
If we try to backup the simple recovery model db, we will get below error.
Msg 45207, Level 17, State 1, Procedure sp_add_task_command, Line 211
SQL Server Managed Backup to Windows Azure cannot configure the database, 'NorthWind',
because the recovery model of the database is 'Simple'.
SQL Server Managed Backup to Windows Azure is only supported on Full and Bulk-Logged recovery models.
Management backup will auto create the folder as HOSTNAME-INSTANCENAME format , ex
Auto management Backup on Instance
Enable auto management backup on the instance is similar as it on database.
- Only new database created after auto management backup enable would add to the backup list.
- New database may take up to 15 minutes before it appear on the backup list.
- Database level configure override the instance level. This provide more granular control.
Other management procedure
- msdb.smart_admin. sp_backup_master_switch
By default, SQL Server scan every 15 minutes to see if there are any new databases.
Check the admin eventDuring the testing I get this strange error:
[SSMBackup2WAAdminXevent] Database Name = N/A, Database ID = 0,
Stage = CentralLoop, Error Code = 99999,
Error Message = Keyword not supported: 'applicationintent'.,
Additional Info = SSMBackup2WA central processing algorithm hit an exception.
The failure might be transient. Operation will be retired.
I could not find any useful information from google and the new database does not appear in the Azure .
Applicationintent seems to be Always-on related but this sql server is not configured for always-on.